Parcel clearance and consent fee needs to be paid.

  1. Write a simple letter addressed to the Commissioner of Lands. The letter should state the details of the person wishing to sell the land, as well as the person they wish to sell the land to, and the Parcel number(s) of the land.
  2. Deliver the letter to the Commissioner of Lands.
  3. The Commissioner of Lands will instruct his Data officers to prepare the necessary paperwork. To follow up on this process, phone 21511 or send us a message from this website
  4. Data officers will contact the person wishing to sell the land, to inform them of the amount of any arrears to be paid, and the parcel clearance and consent fee (total $142.00 for residential estates, or $330.00 for commercial or industrial estates. Please note that in the case of bank loans where a transfer of charge is involved, fees will be $30.00 parcel clearance and $112.00 x 2 for the two dealings (transfer and charge). Even if a single consent application is for a number of parcels the charge will be per parcel and dealing).
  5. Once the person has paid, they provide a copy of the receipt to Data officers, who then prepare the consent letter for the Commissioner of Lands to sign.
  6. Once Commissioner of Lands has signed the consent letter, the person can pick it up from Data officers.
  7. Next, the person selling the land needs to get a valuation report from a registered / licensed valuer, and prepare and sign a transfer document, and take the report and form to the Data officer.
  8. The Data officer then communicates with the Inland Revenue to determine the applicable Stamp Duty fees, and then communicates this back to the person selling the land, who then brings payment.
  9. The Data officer takes the valuation report, transfer document and payment to Inland Revenue for payment of stamp duty, then lodges the documentation with the Registrar of Titles office for the transfer to take effect.